Dr Wilkinson was educated at the University of New South Wales and spent a number of years in Scotland before deciding to make Tasmania his home.
As a General Surgeon, Dr Wilkinson has conducted many surgical procedures across a range of different specialties. His particular interests are:
- Weight loss surgery
- Breast surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- MoleMax Melanoma Screening and melanoma surgery
- Trauma surgery (a Director of EMST trauma training for the College of Surgeons)
- Breast Cancer Prevention research (IBIS 1 and 2 trials)
- Antismoking programs for children
- PCM trainer
- To date Dr Stephen Wilkinson has carried out over 3,300 gastric banding operations.
Other Areas of Interest
Dr Wilkinson was awarded an AM (Order of Australia) in 2003, and is a senior instructor for the Australasian College of Surgeons EMST Trauma Course.
He is married to Melanie Milburne, a romance writer for Mills and Boon.
Dr Wilkinson is an Accredited Trainer for the Process Communications Model (PCM). This model and program is a revolutionary way for facilitating communications at the professional and personal level.
To find out more about PCM, courses and materials, go to the following link: http://www.pcmoceania.com/