Dr Stephen Wilkinson works hard to help people regain their health and increase their quality of life through losing excess weight. He and his team will work in partnership with you to help you reach realistic weight loss goals.
Dr Wilkinson was educated at the University of New South Wales and spent a number of years in Scotland before deciding to make Tasmania his home.
As a General Surgeon, Dr Wilkinson has conducted many surgical procedures across a range of different specialties. His particular interests are:
- Weight loss surgery
- Breast surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- MoleMax Melanoma Screening and melanoma surgery
- Trauma surgery (a Director of EMST trauma training for the College of Surgeons)
- Breast Cancer Prevention research (IBIS 1 and 2 trials)
- Antismoking programs for children
- PCM trainer
- To date Dr Stephen Wilkinson has carried out over 3,300 gastric banding operations.
Other Areas of Interest
Dr Wilkinson was awarded an AM (Order of Australia) in 2003, and is a senior instructor for the Australasian College of Surgeons EMST Trauma Course.
He is married to Melanie Milburne, a romance writer for Mills and Boon.
Dr Wilkinson is an Accredited Trainer for the Process Communications Model (PCM). This model and program is a revolutionary way for facilitating communications at the professional and personal level.
To find out more about PCM, courses and materials, go to the following link: www.processcom.co.nz